My Guide Website?
From Dublin: Cliffs of Moher Small Group Tour78 Reviews
Explore the majestic Cliffs of Moher on a day tour in a luxury modern vehicle. Travel along the majestic Wild Atlantic Way.
- Explore 13th-century King John’s Castle in Country Limerick
- Venture along the Wild Atlantic Way, Ireland’s most famous coastal drive
- View the Burren region which dates back 300 million years
- Have lunch in Doolin village
- Discover the famous Cliffs of Moher
DescriptionYour first stop is the 13th-century King John’s Castle in Limerick. The castle itself was built by the notorious King John, brother of Richard the Lionheart, and it is widely regarded as one of the best preserved Norman castles in Europe. Learn about the medieval era of Ireland, from the Viking invaders to the Lords of Ireland. Following your visit to King John’s Castle, drive through Lisdoonvarna, home of the oldest matchmaking festival in the world. Pass Kilfenora, home to one of Ireland’s most popular traditional Céilí bands. Travel along the Wild Atlantic Way, brimming with magical views, including over the Aran Islands and the surfing beaches of Fanore and Galway Bay. During the coastal drive, go off the beaten track and view the famous Baby Cliffs of Moher. Shorter than the Cliffs of Moher, these smaller cliffs offer the ideal opportunity to see whales and dolphins. Gaze over the magical limestone landscape known as the Burren region. Dating back over 300 million years, this rugged landscape is home to over 1,100 species of plants ranging from arctic flora to Mediterranean perennials and is one of the most fascinating regions of Western Europe. Stop at the traditional village of Doolin, boasting some of the best Irish pubs and restaurants. Order a local dish for lunch, such as Doolin’s famous seafood chowder, soda bread, and freshly brewed Guinness. Arrive at the world-famous Cliffs of Moher. Enjoy a relaxing walk and breathtaking views. The cliffs offer a stunning view of Galway Bay, the Aran Islands, and the rugged Connemara wilderness. You will also have the chance to see many of the 30,000 birds nesting in colonies along the cliffs and explore the award-winning Atlantic Edge Exhibition. Return to Dublin at approximately 7:30 PM, where you will be dropped off in downtown Dublin, or at the same location that you were collected from.
IncludesPickup and drop-off from selected locations Transportation by comfortable vehicle Entrance fees All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Pickup takes place from selected locations in Dublin
- Please contact the local partner if you want to know which location is closest to your accommodation • During peak- season (May 1st - September 30th) multiple cruise ships are expected at the major ports on a daily basis. This small group tour tends to sell- out well ahead of departure for most dates within this period. Accordingly, advance reservation is recommended to avoid disappointment