My Guide Website?
Bunratty Castle & Folk Park Day Visit22 Reviews
Step back to medieval and Victorian times with a full-day admission ticket to Bunratty Castle and Folk Park near Shannon Town (18 minutes drive from Limerick city). Explore the 15th-century castle to see its rich furnishings, chambers and artworks.
- Explore the castle and park at your own pace
- Delve into the 15th-century castle to see its medieval furnishings, art, and tapestries
- Stroll around the reconstructed Irish village at the folk park
- See the replica village streets, shops, schools, and cottages
- Learn about 19th-century life via the costumed animators and working displays
DescriptionShow your ticket at Bunratty Castle and Folk Park and head inside. The castle usually opens from 9:30am until 5:30pm, with last admission at 4pm. Double check the opening times before you visit. Once inside, your ticket lets you explore as you wish. Browse the castle, a restored 15th-century tower house. Walk around at leisure or join a castle tour for a deeper insight into the building. Admire the furnishings, tapestries, and artworks, most from the 15th and 16th centuries, and learn about the castle’s history from the information booklets. Afterward, stroll around the folk park, an enchanting recreation of a 19th-century Irish village, with reconstructed farmhouses, cottages, and shops set around a village street. See the school, doctor’s house, grocery, drapery, printers and other shops, all furnished as they would have been at the time. Meet the costumed animators who bring the village to life, and visit the pub, which serves food and drinks (own expense). Plus, stroll around Bunratty Walled Garden, originally built in 1804, to see how produce was grown for Bunratty House, and perhaps finish by browsing the gift shop or relaxing in the traditional tea rooms. Your experience concludes when you leave the complex.
IncludesLive entertainment All activities Admission ticket
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking. Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces. The folk park is wheelchair accessible but the castle is not. A moderate amount of walking is involved, Subject to additional charges on dates that special events are running. Please be aware that the castle closes daily at 4pm to prepare for the Medieval Banquets.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€15.25Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today