My Guide Website?
Doolin Cave: Underground Stalactite Tour56 Reviews
Join an experience like no other in Ireland and descend into Doolin Cave, home to the largest stalactite in Europe. Above ground, admire the wild beauty of the 1km looped eco-trail.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in County Clare:If youʻre booking your trip to County Clare last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Galway: Cliffs of Moher and The Burren Full Day Tour
- From Dublin: Guided Day Trip to Cliffs of Moher and Galway
- From Galway: Cliffs of Moher Half-Day Express Trip
- From Galway: Full-Day Cliffs of Moher & Burren Guided Tour
- From Dublin: Galway and Kerry 3-Day Budget Tour
- Be amazed by Europe's largest stalactite
- Admire the unique limestone environment
- Explore the 1km looped eco-trail
DescriptionJourney 70 feet below ground at Doolin Cave and be immersed in a unique limestone wonderland. Combine the thrill of this descent into the earth with a variety of above-ground attractions. It’s an experience like no other in Ireland. Once you descend below ground, you'll be in awe of the largest stalactite in Europe. All it took was one drop of water that kept falling for hundreds of thousands of years produced this unique geological feature. Afterwards, check out the wild beauty of the looped eco-trail. There's also fascinating glacial clay pottery to take home and treasure.
IncludesAdmission to Doolin Cave Guided tour Access to the 1km looped eco-trail trail Onsite car parking
- There are 125 steps into and out of the cave. Every ten steps there is a landing and also a handrail all the entire way Buggies and strollers are not permitted in the cave, therefore, small children and babies must be carried No animals are allowed in the cave The temperature in the cave remains a constant 11°C (52°F) so it is cool in the summer and warm in the winter. A light jacket or warm sweater are recommended