My Guide Website?
From Dublin: 3 Day County Donegal & the Wild Atlantic Way
Whether you love history, literature, nature, or a good cosy pub, you’ll find something for you on this three-day tour from Dublin.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in County Clare:If youʻre booking your trip to County Clare last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Dublin: Cliffs of Moher and Galway City Full-Day Trip
- South Western Ireland: 4 Days from Galway to Kerry
- Cliffs of Moher Full-Day Tour from Dublin
- From Dublin: Cliffs of Moher, Burren & Galway City Day Tour
- From Galway: Full-Day Cliffs of Moher & Burren Guided Tour
- Take in striking coastal views, rugged mountain tops, and rich Irish heritage.
- Gaze upon the second-highest sea cliff in Ireland, Slieve League Cliffs
- Enjoy Leo's Tavern, the home of music, graced by famous artists like Enya
- Adventure through the Wild Atlantic Way
DescriptionDay 1 You depart Dublin and journey back in time to the 11th century to Ireland’s second Cistercian Abbey. Now in ruins, Bective Abbey is a maze of dead-end passageways and staircases that lead to nowhere. Let your imagination take you back to when this abbey was built and imagine what daily life might have been like. Next, it’s off to Trim. Sitting snuggly along River Boyne, the town is home to Trim Castle, the largest Norman castle in Ireland. Feel free to explore the castle as well as the town at this stop. You then head to Cavan for lunch before continuing across the border into Northern Ireland. Your next destination is the island town of Enniskillen, where you can spend some time exploring the cosy pubs, the castle, or simply stroll the charming streets. Finally, cross the border again and enjoy the beautiful scenery of County Donegal as you head to Donegal Town, your base for the next two nights. Day 2 Your first stop is at Slieve League Cliffs along the Wild Atlantic Way. These dramatic sea cliffs are the second highest in Ireland and three times the height of the Cliffs of Moher. Keep your cameras out because the drive coming up is worth its own Instagram post. You journey through the stunning and windy Glengesh Pass, passing by mountains and steep valleys that really make you feel small (in the best way possible). After a quick photo stop here, who can say where the road goes next? Only Enya. Just kidding. It’s time to head to Leo’s Tavern for lunch. This pub is a popular local watering hole and many now-famous artists performed here, including Clannad, Moya Brennan, and Enya. The final stop of the day is a visit to the Glenveagh National Park Visitor Centre. This national park lies in the heart of County Donegal and is home to protected wildlife in an array of pristine habitats. It’s the ideal escape for lovers of nature and wildlife; you'll just love cruising through this beautiful area and stopping for photos. The award-winning visitor centre is your destination, and you have some time to explore the area. You head back to Donegal for the night. Day 3 Your first stop is Mullaghmore Beach, a paradise for those who love a good beach walk, which is exactly what you’re here to do, so grab your cameras. You carry on to the coastal seaport of Sligo for lunch and a little exploration. This town is full of history, from its literary heritage that can be seen at the Sligo County Museum, to the medieval ruin of Sligo Abbey. After lunch, enjoy a relaxing drive through the heart of Ireland as you make your way to Belvedere House and Gardens. Built in 1740, this hunting lodge was built by Richard Cassels, one of Ireland’s foremost Palladian architects, for Robert Rochfort, 1st Earl of Belvedere. You have time to explore here and soak up the dramatic architecture, the Victorian walled garden, and the surrounding forest. A perfect way to end the trip and from here you head back to Dublin.
IncludesTransportation by 16-seat Mercedes mini-coach Driver/guide 2 nights in an en-suite accommodation with breakfast in a B&B or guesthouse
- The tour operates with a maximum of 16 passengers for a more intimate and personalized service Please bring clothing and footwear suitable for country walks Minimum age to participate is 5 years You’re restricted to 20kg (44lbs) of luggage per person. This may consist of a small bag for onboard personal items and a larger suitcase or rucksack. This tour crosses the border, so you'll need euro and the British pound sterling